Answer announcement - no ring
Al
2009-05-30 02:03:38 UTC
[Samsung Blackjack II with WinMobile 6.1]

When some calls, instead of ringing, the phone "announces" the call, either
by text-to-speech reading Contact list name associated with number calling,
or saying the number calling if not in Contacts list. The voice is faint.

I have usually have phone set either to Normal or Outdoors profiles, with
ring volume at 4 (Normal) and Loud (Outdoors).
The ring tone chosen is "4.unfolding", which is a little tune of bell-like
sounds.

QUESTION: HOW CAN I SWITCH OVER TO JUST THE RING TONE?

Thanks
Todd Allcock
2009-05-30 02:50:09 UTC
Post by Al
QUESTION: HOW CAN I SWITCH OVER TO JUST THE RING TONE?
Thanks
I assume the phone comes with Microsoft Voice Command? Go into Voice
Command's "Phone Options" settings and untick the "announce incoming
calls" option.
Al
2009-05-30 15:07:29 UTC
Post by Todd Allcock
Post by Al
[Samsung Blackjack II with WinMobile 6.1]
SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
QUESTION: HOW CAN I SWITCH OVER TO JUST THE RING TONE?
Thanks
I assume the phone comes with Microsoft Voice Command? Go into Voice
Command's "Phone Options" settings and untick the "announce incoming
calls" option.
Thanks, Todd. I forgot I had set Voice Command on because I was not thrilled
with the results of voice dialing. While voice dialing may still work - if I
practice - I have successfully disabled not only the call announcements, but
also the calendar event announcements.

.
Ben Edwards
2009-07-10 19:20:49 UTC
Hi there

I have the same phone as you (Samsung Blackjack II with WinMobile 6.1)
and lost all my settings for connecting to the internet when I
formatted it this week.

Could you tell me the settings to get the internet back? I'm usually
pretty good at fiddling with computers but am a first time smartphone
user.

Thanks!
Ben
Al
2009-07-26 00:37:27 UTC
Sorry, Ben, but I don't use the internet. I only use the smartphone as a
phone (voice plus occassional text msgs) and as a PDA with a couple of
financial applications thrown in. No surfing, no email, no internet-based
apps, no IMs..
Ben
Sven
2009-07-27 02:19:19 UTC
You'd have to also provide which carrier you are wanting to have the
settings for. If it is ATT, I would bet they are available on their site
once you log in, or call their tech folks. They can actually walk you
through this sort of thing.