Deleting orphan icons
Al
2009-03-24 15:26:32 UTC
[AT&T, Blackjack II, WM 6.1]

After using phone "built-in" utility to remove a program, the related
orphaned icon remains on the screen of available programs.

QUESTION: How is icon removed?

Thanks

Al
Laura Rooke
2009-04-10 20:13:44 UTC
Go To START > PROGRAMS > FILE EXPLORER

Use File Explorer to navigate to My Device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and delete the icon from there. - click and hold and then you'll see the DELETE command.
--
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
Al

Todd Allcock
2009-04-17 00:23:51 UTC
Where is the icon? In the programs menu, or on the Start Menu itself?
If the former, Laura's instructions should work. If on the Start Menu,
you need to go to Start / Settings / Menus and uncheck the program, which
will put it's icon in the programs menu, then just follow Laura's
instructions.

If you're seeing this icon somewhere else, please let us know where.
Al
2009-04-17 14:07:25 UTC
Thanks again for sticking with me on this.

Just went over previous instructions very carefully, this time, and report
that haste makes waste. That is, chubby fingers pushing small keys in a
hurry first time around led nowhere.

Thanks to Todd and Laura for their help. Issue now resolved.