text editor/notepad
marnix_moed
2009-02-03 08:46:02 UTC
I am looking for a freeware text editor/notepad program for the Motorola
mpx220 smartphone with windows mobile 2003 OS. I don't need all the excel en
powerpoint features in an office suite.

The program does needs to be able to:
-edit/create txt files, in
-can deal with large size (complete articles and books, like 300-500 pages)
-crop text to the screen size of the phone (so I only have scroll vertically
and not horizontally)
-has a search function to look up specific words/symbols.

Does anyone know such a free program?
__________________
Grt,
Todd Allcock
2009-02-03 18:30:18 UTC
Post by marnix_moed
I am looking for a freeware text editor/notepad program for the Motorola
mpx220 smartphone with windows mobile 2003 OS. I don't need all the excel en
powerpoint features in an office suite.
-edit/create txt files, in
-can deal with large size (complete articles and books, like 300-500 pages)
-crop text to the screen size of the phone (so I only have scroll vertically
and not horizontally)
-has a search function to look up specific words/symbols.
Does anyone know such a free program?
I don't know the maximum file size it can handle, but Pocket notepad from
tillansoft is freeware and might fit the bill.

http://www.tillanosoft.com/ce/pnotepad.html

It word wraps, and has a find function. If it can't handle your 300-500
page documents, you could always split them into smaller documents as an
alternative to more powerful, (and more expensive!) commercial software.