Need a new PDA-like phone
M Skabialka
2010-03-10 21:54:01 UTC
Loved my old PDA, then got a Smart phone which is ungodly slow. What's a
Verizon phone that that has all the old PDA functions, including my
favorite - transcriber (I write on the screen with a stylus, never use the
numbers or letters on the keypad except to dial), syncs to Outlook, has a
GPS and is fast on the internet. I really don't need all the other fancy
whiz bang apps. Most important - clear sound on phone calls. I'm not going
to watch TV or movies on it, play games, or store music on it, just a few
photos I take. And it has to be Windows, not Google or Blackberry, or other
OS since I want to sync to Outlook.
I mean what is a good phone based on people's actual experience, not based
on Verizon's description of the phones on their website.
r***@pen_fact.com
2010-03-11 22:48:30 UTC
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:54:01 -0600, "M Skabialka"
Post by M Skabialka
Loved my old PDA, then got a Smart phone which is ungodly slow. What's a
Verizon phone that that has all the old PDA functions, including my
favorite - transcriber (I write on the screen with a stylus, never use the
numbers or letters on the keypad except to dial), syncs to Outlook, has a
GPS and is fast on the internet. I really don't need all the other fancy
whiz bang apps. Most important - clear sound on phone calls. I'm not going
to watch TV or movies on it, play games, or store music on it, just a few
photos I take. And it has to be Windows, not Google or Blackberry, or other
OS since I want to sync to Outlook.
I mean what is a good phone based on people's actual experience, not based
on Verizon's description of the phones on their website.
I think the following provide decent reviews:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/
http://reviews.cnet.com/
http://www.mobileburn.com/
In particular, CNet actually tests actual phone quality (making
connections and sound quality on both ends)!

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
M Skabialka
2010-03-15 16:06:51 UTC
Thanks - exactly what I need!
Post by M Skabialka
[...]
To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and
please indicate which newsgroup and message).
Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116