Best Pocket PC
Steffo
2009-10-03 16:25:55 UTC
Hello everyone.

I'd like to know the best pocket pc I can buy in Europe with outside
keyboard (like HP iPAQ 6915, my actual model), wi-fi, gps, bluetooth,
mini-slot for memory card, internal antenna, unlocked.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Steffo
r***@pen_fact.com
2009-10-03 17:53:55 UTC
Post by Steffo
Hello everyone.
I'd like to know the best pocket pc I can buy in Europe with outside
keyboard (like HP iPAQ 6915, my actual model), wi-fi, gps, bluetooth,
mini-slot for memory card, internal antenna, unlocked.
Best for you depends on _your_ preferences regarding size, weight,
screen resolution, battery life, styling, sturdiness, cost, phone
quality (ability to connect, sound quality, and more).
Post by Steffo
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Steffo

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
Steffo
2009-10-03 19:06:00 UTC
I meant the best overall......... with the external keyboard and the rest of
the features I've listed.
I.e.: the HTC dash G3 seems pretty good, is it the best around right now?
Is there a new PPC coming out soon with WM6.5 upgradable to WM7?
Or is the HP 914c better?
Or is the Palm Treo Pro better?
Thanks!
Steffo
Todd Allcock
2009-10-04 06:13:18 UTC
Dash 3G is a non-touchscreen phonne. Given your parameters, I'd say Treo
Pro, since it has both the front keyboard and touchscreen, and from online
reviews seems less buggy than the HP 914.
Steffo
Steffo
Steffo
William
2009-10-15 04:01:45 UTC
Dash 3G is a non-touchscreen phonne.  Given your parameters, I'd say Treo
Pro, since it has both the front keyboard and touchscreen, and from online
reviews seems less buggy than the HP 914.
I've got a Palm Treo Pro, and though it's apparently built by HTC, it
feels more "solid" and dependable than some of the HTC models. It's a
really nice balanced feel in the hands. Quick one-hand key-based
access (like smartphones) but also rapid touch-screen access when you
want it.

Here's some of the nice features I appreciate:

- Built-in GPS.
- One-key mute switch (with indicator).
- Auto-locking and quick-locking via the "End" key.
- "Solid" feel.
- Nice QWERTY+ keyboard.

In short, it's a really good mix of the smartphone and touch-screen
worlds.

--
WH

ZootRot
Steffo
Steffo
2009-10-14 13:03:22 UTC
Hi ZR.

Thanks for that but the Touch Pro 2 doesn't have a keyboard always out in
the front.
I might consider the HTC Snap: is that as good to your knowledge?
By the way, the HP iPAQ 914c seems as good and cheaper: what do you think
about that?

Cheers,

Steffo