ActiveX object not getting created on mobile IE
George
2008-01-24 09:49:02 UTC
I have created a COM object using ATL and I have successfully registered with
window mobile 6 emulator. But when I use IE with a page that has the
following code
var x = new ActiveXObject("XYZ.MyCustomObject");, I get an object error. The
first time I run it, I also get a dialog that says "Some content cannot be
displayed because of Smartphone security settings"

If I try the same code (suitably modified) for win32, it works as expected
on my desktop application. Any idea why it is not working in winCE?

George
Keon
2008-01-26 02:12:23 UTC
George
2008-01-26 05:34:01 UTC
Thanks Keon.

You are right - I had to modify my registry settings to allow the ActiveX
object to load. Even implementing IObjectSafety did not help.

-George
Post by Keon
Internet Explorer for Windows CE(or Internet Explorer Mobile) does not allow
users to download ActiveX controls through the browser. However, a Web page
can still load and run ActiveX controls that are built into the run-time
image or that were installed by ActiveSync and CAB file, if the browser
determines the control is safe to load.
When Internet Explorer receives a request to load an ActiveX control, it
checks the URL security zones settings in the browser to determine whether
the control can be run, and if the user should be notified that a control is
to be loaded.
So, you should check your COM(ActiveX) registered in devices registry
successfully and which security zone run your web page(Local intranet, Trust
Zone and so on...).
George
cotede2
2009-05-04 18:26:58 UTC
unknown
2009-12-08 02:24:03 UTC
I have an C++ ATL ActiveX object that compiles and deploys to my C
device but does not instantiate in Internet Explorer Mobile

Windows CE 5.
Internet Explorer Mobile "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Window
CE)

(I have implemented IObjectSafety.

Can you please tell me which registry settings you had to change
Post by George
Thanks Keon
You are right - I had to modify my registry settings to allow th
Active
Post by Keon
Internet Explorer for Windows CE(or Internet Explorer Mobile) doe
not allo
Post by Keon
users to download ActiveX controls through the browser. However,
Web pag
Post by Keon
can still load and run ActiveX controls that are built into th
run-tim
Post by Keon
image or that were installed by ActiveSync and CAB file, if th
browse
Post by Keon
checks the URL security zones settings in the browser to determin
whethe
Post by Keon
the control can be run, and if the user should be notified that
control i
Post by Keon
to be loaded
So, you should check your COM(ActiveX) registered in devices registr
successfully and which security zone run your web page(Loca
intranet, Trus
Post by Keon
Zone and so on...)
작성했습니닀
Post by Keon
Post by George
I have created a COM object using ATL and I have successfull
registere
Post by Keon
Post by George
wit
window mobile 6 emulator. But when I use IE with a page that ha
th
Post by Keon
Post by George
following cod
var x = new ActiveXObject("XYZ.MyCustomObject");, I get an objec
error
Post by Keon
Post by George
Th
first time I run it, I also get a dialog that says "Some conten
cannot b
Post by Keon
Post by George
displayed because of Smartphone security settings
If I try the same code (suitably modified) for win32, it works a
expecte
jaredclinton
unknown
2009-12-15 00:42:51 UTC
After deploying my ActiveX object to the CE device, I used CE registr
editor ('CeRegEditor - free registry editor for PDA PocketPC WindowsC
WindowsMobile(WM)' (http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl)) to edit the registr
settings as described in the MSDN article 'URL Moniker Registry Setting
(Windows CE .NET 4.2)
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms908714.aspx

This allowed the ActiveX object to run

--