Is IP renewal done automatically in Windows Mobile while roaming acress subnets??
Voyager
2009-03-09 09:51:28 UTC
hi all ,
i am working on Symbol based windows mobile 5.0 device based wifi
application .
On the device i have a default wireless config tool which does
assoiation/authentication and all other wifi connectivity stuff
automatically provided i have entered valid Access point parameters
like SSID,WEP keys so on the tool ..

The problem i am facing is during roaming ,when i roam across subnets
(multiple Access points)
my device gets associated with different AP's automatically but does
not renew my device ipaddress automatically. Is it the problem with
device or with wireless config tool ??
Or am i missing any device specific setting????
Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]
2009-03-09 16:14:37 UTC
It appears to me that the WiFi card's driver should be generating a media
disconnect event when it roams from one network to another. If it doesn't,
DHCP doesn't get retriggered. WZC is calling something that, based on the
name, you'd think would release the DHCP lease, but there's a comment in the
code that says, in Windows CE, the call being made is empty, so the driver
must generate a media disconnect. Seems like something to talk to Symbol
about...

Paul T.