email
kevin
2009-04-22 18:56:06 UTC
how do I open attachments on my smart phone using window mobile live? I am
told I have an attachment, but there is nothing to click on.
Linley Meslier
2009-05-01 06:06:58 UTC
how do I open attachments on my smart phone using window mobile live?  I am
told I have an attachment, but there is nothing to click on.
If you are accessing Windows Live using the browser on your device,
you are out of luck. For some reason, it does not let you download
attachment. However, you can download and install Windows Live to your
device and yoou will be able to access your MSn, Hotmail or Live
account using Outlook Mobile. Using the Outlook's interface lets you
download and view attachments.

Here's the link to Windows Live for your device:

http://mobile.microsoft.com/live/En-US/mobile/default.mspx

Linley.
Todd Allcock
2009-05-02 21:44:25 UTC
Post by Linley Meslier
how do I open attachments on my smart phone using window mobile live?  I am
told I have an attachment, but there is nothing to click on.
If you are accessing Windows Live using the browser on your device,
you are out of luck. For some reason, it does not let you download
attachment. However, you can download and install Windows Live to your
device and yoou will be able to access your MSn, Hotmail or Live
account using Outlook Mobile. Using the Outlook's interface lets you
download and view attachments.
http://mobile.microsoft.com/live/En-US/mobile/default.mspx
All true, however, if you don't need al of the features of the Windows
Live app (like MSN Messenger) or can't spare the app's 2MB+ foootprint,
you can now just add your Hotmail/Live account as a POP account to the
Inbox/Messaging app already included on the device:

Username: your full hotmail or live email address
Password: your Windows Live ID password
POP server: pop3.live.com:995
SMTP server: smtp.live.com:25 (Check the "outgoing server requires
authentication" and "Use same name and password..." boxes on the SMTP
settings page.)
meskuh
2009-05-15 21:22:27 UTC
Post by Linley Meslier
Post by kevin
[...]

If you have, for example, hp iPAQ with Windows Mobile 6 Standard (CE OS
5.2.1620) -> latest ROM revision, there is no need for such things described
above. If you wish to download messages with
attachments (!?) on your "smartphone", using Windows Live, just click Start,
than Messaging, than New E-mail Account and in E-mail Setup write your
E-mail address (for example ***@hotmail.com) and than click checkbox ->
Try to get e-mail settings automatically from the Internet. Thats allmost
everything. Am I right or am I right?
dirtycar74
2009-08-10 00:51:30 UTC
Not for WM6.1; if you try that, it forces you to go to Live instead; or at
least my Q9c did. However, I didn't include the port info... - it took me
there just after inserting the email address, and doesn't give an option to
not use their software.
Todd Allcock
2009-08-14 14:00:46 UTC
A dirty trick to bypass WM6.1's auto setings is to misspell the email
address- e.g. ***@hotmal.com or liv.com, let the autosetup fail, enter
the correct settings manually, and go back and correct the address
spelling before saving.