Smartphone XML Editor
Max
2003-12-20 14:41:23 UTC
Any suggestions for an XML (free?) editor with previews so that I customise my SPV homescreens / profiles simply.
I do have frontpage 2003 but this doesn't appear to do the preview / edit fully. Yes I am a novice and, no, I don't want to become to much of an expert.
Arjen
2003-12-20 16:04:18 UTC
You will not find an XML editor that will preview the Smartphone hoem screens for you, because:
a) XML is not HTML, and HTML is what usually tells editors how to format things in preview
b) no XML editor knows how to interpret the Smartphone homescreen pugins, and these plugins can execute amd be visualized ONLY on the phone

Arjen
2003-12-20 16:06:45 UTC
The only thing you could try is the Smartphone SDK (Software Development Kit) that you can download from Microsoft's site. I believe it can run the Smartphone OS inside some virtual machine, and that would include homescreens and plugins. But if you - as you say - do not want to become an expert, then I don't think you would enjoy figuring out how to make that all work.

Steven Buehler
2003-12-20 16:26:01 UTC
I use Oxygen XML (http://www.oxygenxml.com), which is fairly robust and uses Java Web Start so you can run it right off their web site with minimal installation.
www.msmobiles.com
2003-12-20 21:31:08 UTC
check out this article:
http://msmobiles.com/article.php/43.html
"In-smartphone editing of home screen layouts FOR DUMMIES"

I mean this: if you have SMART phone, then why not doing
evertyhing, customization including, inside of your
smartphone? yes, you can do it and it is fun!

(the new homescreen plugin from orange is a lot of fun
too)
g***@yahoo.co.uk
2014-04-21 12:03:20 UTC
Post by Max
Any suggestions for an XML (free?) editor with
previews so that I customise my SPV homescreens / profiles simply.
I do have frontpage 2003 but this doesn't appear to
do the preview / edit fully. Yes I am a novice and, no, I don't want to become
to much of an expert.
You can also use Liquid XML Studio, works wells with java, c#, c+, c++ etc
http://www.liquid-technologies.com/xml-editor.aspx