Change PIN
Fred Schmitthammer
2009-03-20 14:30:04 UTC
I have added my windows mobile phone to my exchange server via ActiveSync.
Due to the policy settings my phone now has a PIN that I use when the phone
has been inactive. I have put in a PIN that is far too complex to type as
often as the 60 minute inactivity timeout causes.

My question is how do I change my phone PIN?

Regards,

Fred Schmitthammer
Restroom
2009-04-08 03:54:04 UTC
Post by Fred Schmitthammer
I have added my windows mobile phone to my exchange server via ActiveSync.
Due to the policy settings my phone now has a PIN that I use when the phone
has been inactive. I have put in a PIN that is far too complex to type as
often as the 60 minute inactivity timeout causes.
Fred, you may be interested in the Exchange Security Policy Patcher written
by Microsoft MVP Tamir Khason:
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/files/folders/tamir/entry46249.aspx

This patch was brought to my attention via mysamsungepix.com and it does
require that you have the .NET CF 3.5 installed on your device. For
instructions and further reference please see that article at the following
address:
http://www.mysamsungepix.com/hacks-and-mods/other-hacks-and-mods/remove-exchange-policy/

(n.b. - I don't work for Microsoft or know the guy who wrote it, etc. etc.,
nor have I used the patch myself as I don't use Exchange)