Can only install a guest-partnership
Werner Markus
2009-05-03 14:03:21 UTC
Hi all,

I have got a SonyEricsson xperia x1 with Windows mobile 6.1 and a
notebook-computer with Vista (32bit) Ultimate in which Windows Mobile
Device Center is installed in the newest version.

When connecting the USB-cable to the devices, the device center is
shortly indicating that it attempts to synchronize, then it simply tells
me "error" without further details. At the same time, in the setup for
synch, x1 appears as "guest". Under properties, I see that the x1 is
connected. Property "activated" is in grey color, state is "not active".

Has anyone an idea what to do in order that partnerships for
synchronisation might be installed?

In the registry, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE
Services I see the property "HasUsbDevice" with value 0. Is that a
potential source of error?

Thanks for your help,
regards,
Werner
Linley Meslier - MVP
2009-05-04 16:08:02 UTC
This is the registry you should be looking at:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services]
"GuestOnly"

Set the value to 0
Werner
Werner Markus
2009-05-06 07:52:21 UTC
Linley,
Post by Linley Meslier - MVP
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services]
"GuestOnly"
Set the value to 0
Thank you for your message. Actually, this value is set to 0 already.
Nevertheless, it does not work. Any other idea?

Regards, Werner