Add Alarm Tone
create_share
2010-02-14 11:12:01 UTC
Hi!

Is it possible to add Alarm Tones in Windows Mobile 6.1 Device (HTC HD)?

Thanks!
r***@pen_fact.com
2010-02-16 19:39:31 UTC
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 03:12:01 -0800, create_share
Post by create_share
Hi!
Is it possible to add Alarm Tones in Windows Mobile 6.1 Device (HTC HD)?
Yes. You just need to put a small mp3 or wav file in one of the
"right" places (where the settings tool will find them). I put
ringtones in
\My Documents\My Ringtones
I _think_
\My Documents\
would work.
Post by create_share
Thanks!

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
create_share
2010-02-17 05:51:01 UTC
After copying the wav file in My Documents and My Ring Tones folder it is not
visible in Alarm Tones. I am asking about Alarm Tones not Ring Tones.

Thanks!
Post by create_share
Hi!
Is it possible to add Alarm Tones in Windows Mobile 6.1 Device (HTC HD)?
Yes. You just need to put a small mp3 or wav file in one of the
"right" places (where the settings tool will find them). I put
ringtones in
\My Documents\My Ringtones
I _think_
\My Documents\
would work.
Post by create_share
Thanks!
Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
.
r***@pen_fact.com
2010-02-17 15:30:09 UTC
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:51:01 -0800, create_share
Post by create_share
After copying the wav file in My Documents and My Ring Tones folder it is not
visible in Alarm Tones. I am asking about Alarm Tones not Ring Tones.
Yes, I know, and worded my earlier response carefully. I think the
exact locations have varied with OS version, and perhaps with
OEM/carrier tweaks. So my best suggestion is to look for the "right"
place. Look for files that match names in the existing list of alarms.
Look for folders with names that seem right. And then copy an mp3 or
wave file and see whether it shows up. Sorry I couldn't do better.
Post by create_share
Thanks!
Post by create_share
Hi!
Is it possible to add Alarm Tones in Windows Mobile 6.1 Device (HTC HD)?
Yes. You just need to put a small mp3 or wav file in one of the
"right" places (where the settings tool will find them). I put
ringtones in
\My Documents\My Ringtones
I _think_
\My Documents\
would work.
Post by create_share
Thanks!
Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
Todd Allcock
2010-02-18 00:42:07 UTC
On my WM6 device, all Alarm tones are .wav files and are in the \Windows
folder. Try copying it there and see if it can be found by the system.
Post by create_share
Hi!
Is it possible to add Alarm Tones in Windows Mobile 6.1 Device (HTC HD)?
Yes. You just need to put a small mp3 or wav file in one of the
"right" places (where the settings tool will find them). I put
ringtones in
\My Documents\My Ringtones
I _think_
\My Documents\
would work.
Post by create_share
Thanks!
To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and
please indicate which newsgroup and message).
Post by create_share
Post by r***@pen_fact.com
Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
.
create_share
2010-02-20 10:12:07 UTC
Did not work.
Post by create_share
Thanks!
To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and
please indicate which newsgroup and message).
Post by create_share
Post by r***@pen_fact.com
Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
.
.
Todd Allcock
2010-02-20 23:59:55 UTC
Could this be one of those HTC UI things? Are you setting the alarm tone in
an HTC menu rather than the underlying MS OS menu?
Post by create_share
Did not work.
Post by create_share
Thanks!
To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and
please indicate which newsgroup and message).
Post by create_share
Post by r***@pen_fact.com
Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.