Can't watch You Tube videos on my windows mobile phone
Martin Healy
2010-01-05 19:01:01 UTC
My smartphone is running the Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional phone edition
OS. Unfortunately, the phone does not allow me to play You Tube video clips
over my wifi LAN connection. When I attempt to play a You Tube video, I
receive a connection error. I've tried changing the options on my Streaming
Media Player to Internet, work connection and to all other settings but it
doesn't make any difference. When I set the option to Internet, it goes
through the buffering phase unlike the other settings but the connection
eventually times out.

The Streaming Media Player that came preinstalled on my phone is: ArcSoft
version 2.0.0.19. If I installed an updated version of program, would it
resolve this issue. Alternatively, would it be necessary to install Adobe
flash player for Pocket PC in order to rectify the problem. Is the Adoble
flash player for Pockect PC compatible with the Windows 6.1 Phone edition?
Or is it just the case that Windows mobile powered phones are incapable of
playing You Tube clips? Please note that the streaming player feature works
with other video content over my working wifi connection except for You Tube.

I would welcome any suggestions for anybody out there that may have
encounter this problem as well.

Thanks

Martin
Rupert Moss-Eccardt
2010-01-06 10:26:30 UTC
Post by Martin Healy
[...]
You should be able to download a 'proper' YouTube client from Google.
http://www.google.com/mobile/youtube/