Can ActiveSync only open for Explorer?
Brcobrem
2009-03-24 15:51:01 UTC

When I connect a Windows Mobile v5 phone via USB to a PC, ActiveSync
immediately starts syncronizining contacts, tasks, etc. (ie. whatever I have
selected in the options to be syncronized).

Is there a way (perhaps reg setting) that I can have ActiveSync open in such
a manner that I can just use it to "Explore" the mobile phone, without it
automatically doing the syncronizing?

My goal here is to quickly move recent pics off the phone without having to
resort to disabling selected synch items, or resorting to emailing the pics
off the device.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Brcobrem
r***@pen_fact.com
2009-03-24 20:12:05 UTC
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 08:51:01 -0700, Brcobrem
Post by Brcobrem
Hi,
When I connect a Windows Mobile v5 phone via USB to a PC, ActiveSync
immediately starts syncronizining contacts, tasks, etc. (ie. whatever I have
selected in the options to be syncronized).
Is there a way (perhaps reg setting) that I can have ActiveSync open in such
a manner that I can just use it to "Explore" the mobile phone, without it
automatically doing the syncronizing?
My goal here is to quickly move recent pics off the phone without having to
resort to disabling selected synch items, or resorting to emailing the pics
off the device.
I look forward to your reply.
See my reply (today) to a thread called "ActiveSync on PC vs
ActiveSync on Phone" in this group.
Post by Brcobrem
Regards,
Brcobrem