Activesync 4.5 not synchronising
ianggjames
2009-01-29 17:28:04 UTC
I have a Kaiser phone, running Windows Mobile 6, and a desktop running
ActiveSync 4.5 under XP Pro. I have previously managed, without difficulty,
to get these to work together and synchronise (with an earlier ActiveSync, I
think) but now it won't work. The PDA is recognized, it starts synchronizing
(for instance, shows "Contacts 1/1315"), eventually appears to finish - but
nothing has been downloaded to the PDA - which is empty (since I rebooted
it). There are no error messages, nothing to indicate anything's wrong - it
just doesn't work. Once before, I came across a really good checklist of how
to do this - but can't find it now. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?
Linley Meslier
2009-02-02 05:51:01 UTC
I recommend you delete the partnership on the device and computer, then
reboot both. Re-connect to create a new one.
--
Linley Meslier
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
direction?
ianggjames
2009-02-02 08:52:05 UTC
Of course - that's the first thing I tried - several times. Each time I also
did a hard boot on the PDA to ensure it was completely clean. It has
synchronised in the past with this PC, but not used with it for some time (I
normally sync it with my laptop, with no particular problems, but that's gone
away for a warranty repair right now). I've also uninstalled and reinstalled
ActiveSync at least twice (rebooting in between). Same result every time.