AT&T Tilt (8925) has stopped giving appointment reminders!
Byron Followell
2008-10-22 11:14:02 UTC
My AT&T Tilt (8925) has stopped giving me appointment reminders. It stopped
out of the blue yesterday and I have no idea why. As far as I know, I didn't
change anything and I've double-checked all the settings I'm aware of and
they all seem to be set correctly.

It isn't a sound issue either. All my other sounds work and I can go into
Clock & Alarms, set an alarm and it goes off just fine. Also, if it were just
a sound issue, the phone would turn on and I'd still be getting the little
reminder message on the screen. However, I don't get anything at all at the
appointed times. Nothing, period. No sound, no message, no phone turning on,
no nothing.

I checked the settings at Settings, Sounds & Notifications, Sounds and made
sure Enable sounds for Events, Programs and Notifications were all set.

I also checked the settings at Settings, Sounds & Notifications,
Notifications and for the event Reminders I made sure Play Sound, Repeat,
Display Message On Screen, Flash Light and Vibrate were all checked. They
were.

These are the only settings I'm aware of and everything looks good to me. I
even completely shut down my phone and removed the battery for two minutes
but after turning it back on, I still get no appointment reminders. Does this
ring a bell with anyone (no pun intended)? Has this ever happened to anyone
else? Is there some sequence I can take my Tilt through to completely reset
it back to the original default settings so I can start over?

I've had my Tilt for about 8 months and I've upgraded the ROM with the
official HTC patch a couple of months ago. I'm running Windows Mobile 6.1
Professional.

Any assistance anyone might be able to provide would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
- Byron Followell
droberts
2009-04-10 12:15:55 UTC
My was doing the same thing. In past I just turned it on an off and
started working. This past week, that didn't work. I changed timezone,
than entered new appointment. Turned off phone and when it came back
on it reset back itself automatically to current time zone and the
reminders & appointments started to work.
--
droberts