iTunes on Smartphone... is it posible?
Jeffrey - GzmDesign
2007-09-10 06:33:36 UTC
Has anyone got hold of this? do you guys know if there any way to get iTunes in a motorola MPX220? (by iTunes i mean like the one on the Motorola V3i)

I sorry if this is not the correct group, and if it's not can you tell me wich one is it?
Thanks!!!

Jeffrey
***@gzmdesign.com
www.gzmdesign.com
Arne Hess [MSFT MVP]
2007-09-10 10:00:20 UTC
Short answer is no, it's impossible.
Long answer is that theoretically it's possible to play AAC based iTunes tracks on a Windows Mobile Smartphone if the AAC codec is included by the manufacture or if a 3rd party media player is used.
However, even if AAC is supported, you also need to get the Apple DRM and this is something Apple isn't licensing to others.

So the easiest way to get your iTunes tracks played on your device is to convert them to MPĀ§ by burning the tracks to a CD and ripping them back to MP3 (or WMA).
--
Cheers ~ Arne Hess - Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

Publisher & Editor in Chief "the::unwired"
http://www.theunwired.net

Publisher & Editor in Chief "the::placeshift" (NEW & BETA)
http://www.theplaceshift.net

www.gzmdesign.com
Alex
2009-11-17 09:32:01 UTC
To Jeffrey

If you mean how to tranasfer iTunes music & video & movie files to Motorola
MPX220 and paly with it,

you can use this DRM Media Converter available free on
http://www.all-media-converter.com/media-converter.html#136 , which can strip
iTunes DRM license protection, convert iTunes AAC music M4V video into
Motorola compatible MP3,MP4, or 3GP formats.

Hope it helps.
Alex