Microsoft ActiveSync File Copy Error
Ella
2004-07-06 11:01:49 UTC
During installation of Microsoft ActiveSync I get File Copy Errors:

Firstly, trying to install from the CD that came with my Motorola MPx200. I
thought it was a corrupt file so I copied the contents of the CD to my hard
drive and ran the install from there:

"Setup could not copy the file
'C:\MPx200\Microsoft\ACTSYNC\Main\Core\inf\wceusbsh.cat' [copy error -1].
Restart your desktop computer and run Setup again." Microsoft ActiveSync 3.6

At this point I thought a newer version of Microsoft ActiveSync might help
so I downloaded the latest version off the website but got the same message
for a different file:

"Setup could not copy the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Local
Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\Core\inf\wceusbsh.inf' [copy error -1]. Restart
your desktop computer and run Setup again." Microsoft ActiveSync 3.7.1

Anyone got any ideas of what I could do next?

Thanks!
www.MSmobiles.com